Kelly Services has a Maintenance Technician opening right now in the Beatrice/Fairbury, NE area!
Kelly Services, a Fortune 500 company, has a full-time direct hire opportunity to begin your career with a well known agricultural manufacturing company in the Fairbury, NE area!
**MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THE BEATRICE/FAIRBURY AREA FOR POSITION.
A career with this employer offers life-long opportunities for growth. Their associates get involved-with their workplace, their community, their clients and each other. If you want to work at a company whose actions reflect their ethics and whose associates live their values, let Kelly Services help you get started!
Job Title: Plant Maintenance Worker Level II-III
Reports To: Facilities and Maintenance Manager
Wage: $17-25/hr DOE
Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical
structures, and pipe and electrical systems by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Level I Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including but not limited to LOTO, Confined Space
entry, Hot Work, Skid-Steer, Man-Lifts and Forklift operation.
- Performs daily inspection and maintenance on assigned equipment/area.
- Performs maintenance or repairs on all formulation, packaging and other equipment as assigned
without jeopardizing safety or quality.
- Maintains clean, safe and organized work environment at all times.
- Remains knowledgeable of chemicals/compounds at facility and in areas of responsibility.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses
machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem
or repair machine.
- Assists in dismantling defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Assists in the lay out, assembly, installation, and of pipe systems and related hydraulic and
pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related
equipment as directed.
- Assists in the repair and maintenance of physical structure of establishment.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as pipe cutter, threader, grinder, drill, and other
machines to repair equipment.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts as instructed.
- Mechanical Capabilities: Ability to properly weld using Tig and/or GMAW set ups (both
preferred), use of plasma cutter, torch.
- Electrical Capabilities: Understanding of 120, 240 and 480VAC. Ability to correctly use and
diagnose problems using Mulimeter, Megger, Amp clamp.
Additional Level II Duties and Responsibilities
- Minimum 12 months satisfactorily performing as Maintenance Worker Level I
- Thorough knowledge of existing plant equipment
- Ability to self-schedule tasks to maximize efficiency
- Ability to effectively manage work groups of three or fewer maintenance workers
- Understand and effectively utilize the Plant PM Schedule
- Ability to plan, prepares part takeoffs, and manages small projects
- Ability to troubleshoot most malfunctions to ascertain probable cause
Additional Level III Duties and Responsibilities
- Minimum 36 months satisfactorily performing as Maintenance Worker Level II or equivalent
- Ability to schedule tasks for the Maintenance group to maximize efficiency
- Ability to effectively manage work groups of up to and including the entire Maintenance group
- Prepare new or modify existing PM`s for existing or new equipment
- Ability to plan, prepares part takeoffs, and manages plant wide projects
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctions to ascertain probable cause, if unable to ascertain the
probable cause consults with equipment suppliers directly
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum 36 months satisfactorily performing as Maintenance Worker Level I, II or equivalent.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in unusual situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in unusual situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Forklift Operator license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arm; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
This job description is not to be considered all inclusive and is subject to review and change by management at any time without prior notice.
OR SEND YOUR RESUME TO
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION!
Kelly Services, Inc. is a leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 560,000 employees annually. Revenue in 2014 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and download The Talent Project, a free iPad® app by Kelly Services.